Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It had been one of those days

It had been one of those days. I got up and showered, and then put my PJ's back on. I knew I wasn't going anywhere. I got the boys off to school and spent the day with the girls. We laid in bed and watched tv, we colored, we hung out. It was a normal day. I don't really know what was wrong with me, I guess I was feeling bored with the day. I started to think about when the kids were older, I wondered how on earth I could miss these days. The messes, the fighting over toys, the endless changing of clothes for Katalina, the refusing to eat, the trying to keep them from naps so they'll go to bed at night.... Everyone always says how they miss their kids being little. But it is so much work. I feel so fat right now, so tired. I only have 3 pairs of pants that fit me (that is the real reason I was in my PJ's). For Christmas I am working on baby books for all 6 of my kids (yes I have 6 kids and no baby books yet) (don't judge, I've been kind of busy:) And I started with the twins. I don't think I have been through their baby pictures since I took them. The last 3 years flashed before my eyes. I watched their chubby little bodies turn into slender bodies. Their hair grow, their chubby cheeks almost disappear, and it happened. I missed it. Silly I know. They are not even close to being grown and I missed it. I longed to hold them again, to have them little again, to juggle two babies again, to photograph them together, to watch them interact together. I am thoroughly enjoying going through my kids baby pictures and remembering that first year as the words of Thomas S. Monson ring in my ears.... "If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."
Tonight I am so grateful to be a Mommy and to have these babies to hold for now and for men like President Monson to remind me to find Joy in the Journey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:') Thanks Míja.....I needed that reminder - it's way too easy to lose perspective when we're often overwhelmed and exhausted! I'm doing my best to enjoy every lil' moment with my last baby, but it's too easy to get snippy with the others -thanks again for the reminder!
-soap

Doug said...

But you handle it so well. Just because you had one day that got the best of you, doesn't mean you had many. Our kids love you so much and that wouldn't happen if you were "missing" them grow up!! You are the best Mom ever. Love you!!!!!!!!

Rosanne Orgill said...

made me cry cause I know exactly what you are talking about!

Janelle Ehat said...

I think we can all relate to this! Unfortunately I get caught up in the day to day stuff way too often and don't take the time to stop and play and enjoy these days as much as I should. :( Have you heard the Hilary Weeks song called "Stand Still"? or the Mindy Gledhill song called "Hourglass"? Love those on days like this.
Also I totally understand the "feeling so fat" thing. My body hangs onto EVERY SINGLE POUND that I put on during pregnancy for 10-12 months after having a baby - NO MATTER WHAT I EAT or HOW I EXERCISE! Talk about frustrating! So I have a wardrobe in every size from 10 up to 16 (some 18) if you are interested in borrowing some! I never want to buy new things when I'm heavier because I know I'm going to loose it and don't want to spend money on clothes I will hopefully only wear for a short time! Anyway, you seriously are welcome to anything that I have.
*And you look amazing by the way!